YELLOW KITCHEN Pre-Order up at CV... Limited Edition

edited May 12 in Mark Kozelek

Hi friends,

as stated above, pre-order for the CD is up on Caldo Verde. It states "Limited Edition", but no numbers mentioned. In case it´s as limited as MK & DS, you better order soon ;-)

"Recorded in USA December 2016 through May 2017. Guests musicians include Holly Throsby, Will Oldham, and drummers Steve Shelley and Jim White."

Comments

Thanks for the tip-off. CD ordered. Shame it's only 6 tracks. Could still be 70 mins long though! Look at that promotional photo, it looks like Mark & Sean are already not on speaking terms !

Yeah I ordered a copy too even though I am one of those who feels that Mark "owes me something and now hate everthing he does now"

It's always been the good thing about this forum that it has so many varied and sometimes contradictory opinions on show and I guess it's appropriate as Mark himself is a complex and contradictory man himself

As if to prove what I wrote above last night on one of my favourite radio shows hosted by a guy called Paul McLoone,who is also singer with a legendary band called The Undertones,had a pair of SKM tickets for November in Vicar St Dublin up for grabs
    Usually in these cases they play a track from the latest album and ask a fairly simple question in order for you to win
    He said that "as the tracks from the current album are very long I'll play an older one" and he played Unlit Hallway
    It reminded me to go back and have a listen to April and while I really enjoyed listening to it,it reminded me that Mark is still giving a huge amount of pleasure to older fans and producing something that new fans can relate to also so.....Hats off to you Mr Kostalot :-)we salute you

PS Any Irish fans on this forum tune in to Today Fm (100-102) between 9pm and Midnight tonight and another pair of tickets up for grabs.

Dream of Winter is only twenty seconds longer than Unlit Hallway.

Got Among the Leaves tonight but didnt win the tickets :-(

It's not bad actually, light years better than most of his recent stuff, especially if you ignore the lyrics

Sounds kind of fun, so I ordered the cd too. Mark looks healthy in that picture, good to see!

• What's the noise in the background? Sounds like they recorded it with a budgie singing along.

@ShanghaiDumplingShop said:
    What's the noise in the background? Sounds like they recorded it with a budgie singing along.

Don't give him ideas or we may get a cover of 'Saturday Night' by Whigfield complete with duck quacking noises throughout !

• edited June 13 Posts: 121

@ShanghaiDumplingShop said:
    What's the noise in the background? Sounds like they recorded it with a budgie singing along.

That's the water boiling in the yellow kitchen.

And the lobster screaming in the kettle.

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/mark-kozelek-preps-lp-w-sean-yeaton-of-parquet-courts-another-lp-for-october/

Is there no end to this?I think the Record Label owner needs to tell him to slow down ;-)

"As all of the music was cut from improvisation, I’m pretty deep into two new albums at the moment, so it’s hard for me to put time aside and figure out what I was playing on those past albums."

So that's what he was referring to in the SF Chronicle interview in March!
    http://www.sfchronicle.com/music/popquiz/article/Mark-Kozelek-unfiltered-on-latest-by-Sun-Kil-Moon-11007023.php

That is cool that Josh Haden from Spain is playing bass at certain gigs in the fall.

Got notification that this has been posted today

It's on its way to Europe.

Picked up the vinyl edition of Common As Light and Love Are Red Valleys of Blood from my local record store. They had 3 copies that were gone in 1 or 2 days.

Mine has shipped too

So this thread sent me over to Brooklyn Vegan, cringing at the prospect of another MK record. I can't take "Reasons I Love You" whatsoever... so I have low, low hopes for a full LP. HOWEVER, the fact that he's playing a bunch of dates with Josh f*ing Haden on bass... that is actually exciting. I loooove Spain. (the band)

It's funny, Mark may be good at making jokes, but I don't know if in a couple of years I'll be listening to this. Saying that it made me really sad listening to Mark's wishes for his 50th birthday! :neutral:

Wow, sounds like garbage. No singing whatsoever in the three songs I somehow managed to stomach.

@dwah86 said:
    Wow, sounds like garbage. No singing whatsoever in the three songs I somehow managed to stomach.

Jesus I had a hope things might improve so didnt listen to initial track and am waiting for cd to arrive :'(

• The best songs Mark ever recorded brought me to tears. He somehow still manages to do it today, but its more in a way that I have to accept the truth and thats what makes me sad. Mark's last few albums are made for other people than for me. Its hard to accept the fact, and this new "thing" is just another evidence. I stopped buying his stuff after Benji and I bought everything before. I've read a few other people writing the same thing like me, but I wish I could just stop checking his new tunes. Hope always makes me get back to see what happens next. Disappointment is all I get. I liked a bit of "Common as light", but I can't tell if I force myself to like it, because I know its Mark doing it, or if I really enhoy what I'm hearing.

yeah, this is not so hot huh. what a bummer

@MrHanky said:

@dwah86 said:

Jesus I had a hope things might improve so didnt listen to initial track and am waiting for cd to arrive :'(

Me too. Sounds like things are going rapidly downhill

The only thing that made me laugh about this is that there is a credit for Photography for Mark & one for Sleeve Design by Steve Azer...seriously?

What made me sad about it are too numerous to mention so before I get accused of being too negative & wishing for "the good old days" I think after 25 years following this man's music this is the station where I depart this train

• edited June 27 Posts: 9

all the stories from Mark are annoying as if he recorded it just for the sake of releasing more and more music this year (though i really enjoyed collaboration with Jesu)

• edited June 27 Posts: 285

Just listening to the first track...WTF?!...and it's not just about Mark. What's up with the music? Feels like all it could do is only inspire Mark to do the worst version of his spoken word shit. Really feels like the markpocalypse.