11/22/17 @ Fabra i Coats, Fábrica de Creació, Barcelona, Spain (Sun Kil Moon)

Please post your reviews and setlist of the show here.

Comments

• Pretty cool show. 2 hours and 15 minutes more or less. I cannot assure I am not forgetting anything, but the setlist was something like this: as expected, they opened with "Daffodils" and "The Black Butterfly". Then they played a song Mark had written on the flight from Paris to Barcelona (Mark joked about the song consisting only of "three chords, to keep it simple"). The song was about David Cassidy's death - in fact, he ended it by playing The Partridge Family's theme song "Come On Get Happy" (he also said this was the title of his own song).

The rest of the setlist was the following: "Dream of Winter", "My Love for You is Undying", the song he wrote in Norway, "House Cat", "The Possum", "Dogs", "Rock' n' Roll Singer" (a tribute to Malcom Young) and "Ceiling Gazing". No encore: they started a little bit late and stretched some of the songs, so they had to ignore the conventional structure of concerts. But I cannot complain: Mark seemed happy and made lots of jokes (no insults this time) and the band was awesome. I didn't enjoy as much as I did the last time I saw him (in 2014, after "Benji" and "Perils from the Sea") but still I enjoyed a lot. Surely the man can rock if he wants.

Dream of Winter is a nice addition and Ceiling Gazing is always a good choice.