Shepherd's Bush London Full Show Recording: A Gift

Hello.

Had the most amazing time at the London gig last night, and recorded it. It's heavy on drums + guitar, and was a fantastic showing from Mark (though he said at the stage door after the gig he didn't think it was a good show). Setlist available in the other thread. I've split it in half to make the files more manageable. Have fun - and if anyone has a problem with this let me know and I'll delete it.

Mark Kozelek changed my life.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zy8sgy445enii7q/AAB3CzlsQZJeZ6PGeBt8hhw4a?dl=0

Comments

"This email is an automated notification from Dropbox that your Public links have been temporarily suspended for generating excessive traffic."
    If you're having trouble getting the files - it's only temporary. Give it a bit.

Thanks a lot!

It's back up!

Thanks!

Are more people not more excited about this? It's an amazing show..

• JRSJRS

Just got the download - thanks very much mate. I was in the front row so yes it was a very special night and performance.

unfortunately it has been removed

It's remarkable to me that when posters on this board broach any criticism of Mark, at least one person attacks them or at a minimum responds snarkily. Although I guess I shouldn't be surprised -- maybe that's just the nature of the Internet. But it sure isn't conducive to thoughtful discussion. Mark doesn't need defending, and everyone should feel free to voice their opinion.

Relatedly, it would surprise me greatly if at least some fans attending these gigs didn't come away feeling alienated. The music on "Common" is presumably reasonably well-known by those who would attend shows, but the same can't be said of Yellow Kitchen or the Ben Boye/Jim White collaboration. And yet, Mark opens with "Daffodils," "The Black Butterfly," and "Blood Test." Each is about 10 minutes long, and all three are dense, dark, and rambling compositions.

With all of this said, it's heartening to see so much of Mark's audience being patient with him and appreciating him for what he is at this point in his career -- an avant garde artist with a punk rock aesthetic. He doesn't care what anyone thinks, and good for him.

I am a big fan of "Daffodils" and "Blood Test," so it's great to see them added to the set. The band sounds great, the energy is strong, and Mark is a force of nature. But I don't see how anyone could consider him to be an accessible artist at this point in his career. By choice, he is releasing music at a frenetic pace. He is covering an immense amount of stylistic ground. His music is profanity-laden, often sexist, and not infrequently hostile. If this works for you, great, and for me a lot of the time it does. If it doesn't, that strikes me as pretty understandable.

@Alex312 Hey nicely puy.If every fan of Mark's music had nothing but good things to say about it then this wouldn't be a forum but instead a sycophantic love-in which as a Type 1 Diabetic would just be way too sweet for me

• edited December 7 Posts: 882

@Alex312 said:
    It's remarkable to me that when posters on this board broach any criticism of Mark, at least one person attacks them or at a minimum responds snarkily. Although I guess I shouldn't be surprised -- maybe that's just the nature of the Internet. But it sure isn't conducive to thoughtful discussion. Mark doesn't need defending, and everyone should feel free to voice their opinion.

Relatedly, it would surprise me greatly if at least some fans attending these gigs didn't come away feeling alienated. The music on "Common" is presumably reasonably well-known by those who would attend shows, but the same can't be said of Yellow Kitchen or the Ben Boye/Jim White collaboration. And yet, Mark opens with "Daffodils," "The Black Butterfly," and "Blood Test." Each is about 10 minutes long, and all three are dense, dark, and rambling compositions.

With all of this said, it's heartening to see so much of Mark's audience being patient with him and appreciating him for what he is at this point in his career -- an avant garde artist with a punk rock aesthetic. He doesn't care what anyone thinks, and good for him.

I am a big fan of "Daffodils" and "Blood Test," so it's great to see them added to the set. The band sounds great, the energy is strong, and Mark is a force of nature. But I don't see how anyone could consider him to be an accessible artist at this point in his career. By choice, he is releasing music at a frenetic pace. He is covering an immense amount of stylistic ground. His music is profanity-laden, often sexist, and not infrequently hostile. If this works for you, great, and for me a lot of the time it does. If it doesn't, that strikes me as pretty understandable.

Is this a response to anything on this thread? It's a live recording, no-one has given opinions.

It's to do with Mark Vicar St appearance

@MrHanky said:
    It's to do with Mark Vicar St appearance

What happened?