Ghost of the Great Highway Reissue next year!

Well, honestly this is the first news concerning the Koz I have cared about in a good while now. Says 2/16/2018, but not sure when they will announce it in the US, or when it will get put up for pre-order here, but you folks overseas can go ahead and jump on this!

https://www.amazon.de/Ghosts-Great-Highway-Vinyl-LP/dp/B077ZCV7RG/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&qid=1512830962&sr=8-5&keywords=sun+kil+moon+vinyl&linkCode=sl1&tag=lossid0d-21&linkId=73fa45c08f0ec02ebd89d4356b392184

https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail/-/art/sun-kil-moon-ghosts-of-the-great-highway/hnum/8055686

Comments

• edited December 2017 Posts: 310

Damn. That's great news.
    Maybe he'll play the Album in its' entirety. Ha.

• @DonaldDuckKooKim said:
    Damn. That's great news.

Yeaaaaaa, I think he's digging for cash now for sure lol

• Fuck yeah. But why stop at Ghosts?

@Grumpy_Bear77 said:

@DonaldDuckKooKim said:
    Damn. That's great news.

Yeaaaaaa, I think he's digging for cash now for sure lol

Yeah maybe, but it'll also allow all the people who couldn't buy it on vinyl to get it for a fairer price. :smile: It's not like he's auctioning 10 signed copies that he found in a box somewhere with an insane starting price.

• @Pierre21 said:
    Yeah maybe, but it'll also allow all the people who couldn't buy it on vinyl to get it for a fairer price. :smile: It's not like he's auctioning 10 signed copies that he found in a box somewhere with an insane starting price.

Someone already did that earlier this year on eBay....

April is due for a reissue as well. That is one record I definitely need a back up copy for! My favourite Koz release hands down. Plus next year is its 10 year anniversary (!!!)

• edited December 2017 Posts: 658

In 10 years will people be getting excited over reissues of Common, Kitchen, etc? I doubt it

• There is not much information available on this release yet, but at JPC it says that it´s a "one time only" vinyl-only pressing. Also, it has been in the Top Ten vinyl charts at JPC since it was listed. I not want sound too skeptical, but if you want it, I would pre-order this as soon as possible.

• edited December 2017 Posts: 310

Ordered it! Really looking forward to finally owning this great album on vinyl.

also @Thunderbolt I doubt it, too. But I could imagine Benji becoming sort of a "classic" and along the way maybe the surrounding albums would also get reissues.

• @solstice69 said:
    There is not much information available on this release yet, but at JPC it says that it´s a "one time only" vinyl-only pressing. Also, it has been in the Top Ten vinyl charts at JPC since it was listed. I not want sound too skeptical, but if you want it, I would pre-order this as soon as possible.

I ordered just before making this thread. They've already moved the price up to 21.99. It was listed for 18.98 originally, which is what I was charged. I was going to wait for a link in the US, but also saw the "one time only" in the listing and jumped on it asap

• Also up on Amazon for those of you who got gift cards for Xmas!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077ZCV7RG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1