Problems with the forum? Post here!

edited November 2013 in New Forum Discussion
If you're having any issues with the forum, post in this thread.

Comments

• Not an issue, just curious, what was the motivation behind the new forum?

I have to say it looks a lot better :)
    I wrote about it on the old forum.

And thanks!
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 278
    Hello Lament,

Firefox (latest version) cannot auto-fill the login information on the new forum.

Thanks and sorry for my English,
    N.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 35

• edited October 2012 Posts: 1,067
    @Nick - looks to be a Vanilla issue according to some posts on their forum.

When you come back to the forum logged in you should be cookied and not have to log in every time you hit the site, right?
    @Lament - yes, I can confirm: once logged in (and chosen to stay logged) , when I come back to the forum I'm still 'cookied'. It's just the issue I mentioned in my original post. Thank you.
  • @lament

Is there a way to search for another user? I tried it in the top right but it didn't seem to work.
    @Kulturgam - no there isn't. Only I can see the list.

The gray type on white background makes it harder for my old eyes to read. I prefer darker type, myself.

• edited October 2012 Posts: 58

when i hit post comment, it duplicated the comment box and buttons and i cant see the post i made, happened a few times , it'll probably make a liar of me this tim

edit: yes it did. maybe something to do with it auto saving

• edited October 2012 Posts: 1,067

I just tested a regular comment, and one saved as a draft.. posted the comment just fine.

What browser (and version number) and OS are you on @Cruiser?

Hello, is there a way to insert multiple blank lines in a row before starting to write a line of text?

@nick why would you want to do that?

Hi @lament,

for example:

I post a video right here.
    Just below the video I write some related info (artist, songs, album etc.)
    (blanck line)
    (blanck line)
    (blanck line)
    Here I write my personal whining comments (i.e. I'm so miserable, blah blah blah...) while I'm wearing tennis shoes.

Use < br > tags (without the spaces) for every line break.

Okay, thank you.

• Just a slight annoyance to me is that there is no button to get back from a profile page to the forums. (If there is, I haven't seen it and I apologise)

• edited May 2013 Posts: 1,067

@A_Website_Troll you can click Sad Reminders at the bottom left of the site.. but yeah I hear ya.

I cannot seem to access the discussion forum at all from my mobile phone.....the problem appears to be something to do with Tumbler but as I've no computer at home I do most of my...er....whatever I do through my phone?

• edited March 2014 Posts: 1,067

MrHanky said:
    I cannot seem to access the discussion forum at all from my mobile phone.....the problem appears to be something to do with Tumbler but as I've no computer at home I do most of my...er....whatever I do through my phone?

Has nothing to do with Tumblr. Tumblr hosts my main site. The forum is on a subdomain.

Go to http://forum.sadreminders.com on your phone (or click Forum from the sadreminders.com homepage).

• edited March 2014 Posts: 961

Thanks as always Lemon Tea....I don't care what everybody else says about you I think you're great.

Wanna hear a joke?

I was doing some DIY the other day with my stepladder...it's not my biological ladder.....

Here's another...Why do people call their grandmothers Nana?
    Because a lot of them are bent over and yellow

Never ever fall asleep with a baby in the bed beside you because during the night you might roll over.....and put your back out

One last one okay?

Why did the hedgehog cross the road?
    Because he wanted to see his flatmate