The Official "New Mark Kozelek/Sun Kil Moon tour dates" Thread

edited March 2015 in Mark Kozelek

Find a new tour date or see it posted on Caldo Verde's site?

Post it here..

March 29th, 2014 : Porto, Portugal @ Casa da Música in Sala Suggia (the main concert hall)

Comments

I've got an extra ticket to see MK in Chicago on Dec 19. The girlfriend got her schedule wrong, will be meeting me in town the next day for the rest of our roadtrip. $20 OBO. You'd have to meet me at the door to get in, after which you needn't hang around with me.

december 19 Lincoln Hall Chicago, IL
    december 21 Granada Theater Dallas, TX
    december 22 Central Presbyterian Church Austin, TX

• edited January 2014 Posts: 1,013

Hi @andy..

This discussion is for posting new tour dates. If you want to sell tickets, post a new discussion under the Buy/Sell/Trade section please.

Thanks!

So 14th March sees Mark do a solo showcase for SXSW in Austin.Good excuse to go catch the whole event I guess

• edited January 2014 Posts: 864

Mark added a couple of solo dates on 11th and 12th April in Stavanger,Norway and Helsinki

• edited February 2014 Posts: 1,013

Mark solo

April 9, 2014, Babel, Malmö, Sweden
    April 10, 2014, Rockefeller Music Hall, Oslo, Norway

Sun Kil Moon

April 2, 2014, Debaser Strand, Stockholm (Steve Shelley on drums)

• Pitchfork Fest w/ Sun Kil Moon July 18

• March 29th, 2014 : Porto, Portugal @ Casa da Música in Sala Suggia (the main concert hall)

There seems to be no information on the site of Casa da Musica. Any idea how to get tickets?

• Found out that you have to use the Portugese search engine (just type Sun Kil Moon). This is the only way to order tickets it seems.

http://www.casadamusica.com/CulturalAgenda/Event_search.aspx?id=A9D4DB8D-A6AD-488C-B5FB-FBF35B8ADEC1&evento=sun+kil+moon&search=pesquisa

• Mark will be playing at the End of The Road Festival in England, Aug 29th - 31st.
    It's a lovely, small festival. I went last year.

http://www.uncut.co.uk/flaming-lips-wild-beasts-mark-kozelek-john-grant-white-denim-and-more-announced-for-end-of-the-road-

• JRSJRS

Sun Kil Moon to play at a new London festival http://www.atpfestival.com/home.php listed on CV website.

• A bunch more SKM dates, including Philly, on CV.

And more yet! NY. Not at the Williamsburg place.

Sun Kil Moon is playing at the Noorderzon Festival in Groningen: http://www.noorderzon.nl/preview-programma-2014

Noise_Annoys said:
    Mark will be playing at the End of The Road Festival in England, Aug 29th - 31st.
    It's a lovely, small festival. I went last year.

http://www.uncut.co.uk/flaming-lips-wild-beasts-mark-kozelek-john-grant-white-denim-and-more-announced-for-end-of-the-road-

I've been twice and i'm going again this year. You're spot on, it's a lovely festival with only about an 8k capacity, I always thought Mark would be a good fit there.

• JRSJRS

Couple more festivals in August for the UK announced on Caldo Verde.

Festival gigs in Brussel and Groningen have been added.

Raleigh, NC and Urbana-Champaign, IL added in September..

• Really curious whether the three non-West Coast dates in September with long breaks in between more east coast shows are in the works or not.

More dates up on Caldo Verde...for a man suffering UK blues he's certainly not shy in taking their £'s

He's playing Manchester. YES! Anyone else going to this?

• JRSJRS

Hmm tempted, it's a 7 hour drive doon south for me tho!

I would make the drive. You never know when Grumpy will stop touring.

Nope. Can't be arsed with the drive to Manchester after last years fairly poor Leamington Spa gig. I'm not doing a 3 1/2 hour round trip to be told i'm a middle aged white man with a beard.

I did ask my girlfriend if she wanted to go, thought i'd be safe from ridicule if I had my ho in tow, and could sit down the front. After she finished laughing, the answer was a firm no.

Manchester was cancelled.. :(

• edited May 2014 Posts: 864

And still cant get a promoter interested in getting him back to Ireland sadly

Really? This is the second time he has cancelled a Manchester show in recent times.

"Oh Manchester...so much to answer for.." The Smiths

Cancelling a show in the same city twice in a row, that's poor form. If there's a problem with the venue, there's plenty more in the city he could book. He's in the UK anyway. Thanks again Mark.

There seem to be more dates up on CVR but at this stage im losing track of what is old and what is new...

SKM will be playing at Austin's "Fun, Fun, Fun" Festival on November 7,8,9. Headliners include Neutral Milk Hotel and Ben Gibbard's Death Cab For Cutie.