Pianist Christopher O'Riley performing Sun Kil Moon songs

Comments

He released a couple of albums of Radiohead piano covers back in the early-mid 2000s. Really cool stuff.

Absolutely amazing!

@dwah86 said:
    He released a couple of albums of Radiohead piano covers back in the early-mid 2000s. Really cool stuff.

Yeah there's a lot on Spotify.

• I love his stuff. His Elliott Smith renditions are particularly great. In this case, I think he made Lost Verses a little too busy.

• JRSJRS

@salvador_sanchez said:
    I love his stuff. His Elliott Smith renditions are particularly great. In this case, I think he made Lost Verses a little too busy.

My thoughts exactly; too busy. A bit like Ludovico Einaudi on acid. Too jazzy almost, the kind of thing you would hear from a piano that plays itself in a posh hotel foyer.

There is also a version of Mistress on his site and Bay of Skulls. I was so excited when I heard about this, but having listened to his versions I am afraid I think they are over-flowery, in the way RHP/MK is obviously not. Sigh.

• edited March 2016 Posts: 422

New release/New free EP up on Caldo Verde:

"Glass On The Pavement"
    Christopher O'Riley and Friends
    Play the Music of Mark Kozelek

The "Glass on the Pavement" EP is performed by pianist Christopher O'Riley, with Tessa Lark on violin and Edward Aaron on cello. These 4 Mark Kozelek covers were recorded live
    at First Congressional Church, Old Lyme, CT and at Jordan Hall, Boston, MA in 2016.
    "Glass on the Pavement" will be FREE with all direct purchases at www.caldoverderecords.com beginning July 1, 2016. The "Down In The Willow Garden" EP will be OUT OF PRINT July 1, 2016.

Track list:
    1. Katy Song
    2. Moorestown
    3. Young Love
    4. Lost Verses

"Beginning July 1, 2016"
    What's with the date? Makes no sense at all, unless there's yet another new release coming.

• @bromberg71 said:
    "Beginning July 1, 2016"
    What's with the date? Makes no sense at all, unless there's yet another new release coming.

My guess the next release will be a new Desertshore. They were in the studio the end of 2015 with Mark.

• This has been taken off of Caldo's site...

Bizzare

Maybe he found out he would have to pay for it.