Sad Reminders

An Unofficial Mark Kozelek Site

You are not logged in.

Announcement

This forum is now READ ONLY. The new forum is here. Read why we have a new forum here.

#301 09-25-2012 2:09pm

DaveC

Re: Currently Playing...

I'm on a huge Joy Division trip right now and have tickets for Peter Hook and his band doing Unknown Pleasures in full. Wasn't sure about him doing that when I first heard, until I watched some of their gigs on YouTube and was pleasantly surprised, its the closest I'll get to seeing JD anyway!

I read his widow Deborah's book 'Touching from a distance' followed by the film Control, and it gives you a new perspective on the songs. I used to just think Love Will Tear Us Apart was a very good song but after the book & film it chills me to the bone every time.

I think the fact that only two albums and a handful of mostly brilliant extra tracks exist makes them all the more fascinating. The 'Heart & Soul' box set is great. I don't normally like re-issues where extra tracks are shoved in before or after the album but on the same disc, but discs 1 and 2 of the box set are crammed with other tracks from the period of each album, and I think it works really well.

Board footer