Sad Reminders

An Unofficial Mark Kozelek Site

You are not logged in.

Announcement

This forum is now READ ONLY. The new forum is here. Read why we have a new forum here.

#1 11-09-2010 7:09am

lazyrain

Carissa's Wierd

This is one of three bands I thought I'd bring up for recommendation/discussion. I've put 'em in separate threads as they're unrelated. posting these 'cause I think the bands might be appreciated by RHP fans:

Carissa's Wierd: I noticed one user mentioned these guys in the Most Depressing Songs thread, I Just heard them recently for the first time but immediately I'd put them in my top ten. Quiet, intimate, beautiful, mesmerising. Male and female vocals overlapping, intertwining simple yet intricate guitar, they're really great.

Lazy Eyelids

You Should Be Hated Here

Letting in the sunshine...

#2 11-09-2010 12:15pm

seepingthrough

Re: Carissa's Wierd

Ugly but Honest is far better than Song about Leaving. Some days are better than others is my favourite song of theirs.

Red House Painters Live Shows and Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/meolox

#3 11-10-2010 7:05pm

lazyrain

I'd probably agree It's a better record although it's pretty close for me. Love that track. I'm not sure I could pick a favourite yet myself. Maybe one of the first four tracks from UBH. Really can't find anything about this band I don't like. Gutted they split sad

Letting in the sunshine...

#4 11-18-2010 4:59pm

woolage

Good band. Don't they feature a couple of members from Band of Horses? I'm sure they've been split for years!

Board footer