Sad Reminders

An Unofficial Mark Kozelek Site

You are not logged in.

Announcement

This forum is now READ ONLY. The new forum is here. Read why we have a new forum here.

#1 03-12-2011 10:13pm

lament
Site Owner
Website

03/23/11 @ The Mansion House St. Catherines, Ontario, CA (Mark solo)

Please post your reviews and setlist of the show here.

#2 03-16-2011 6:04am

akamin

Re: 03/23/11 @ The Mansion House St. Catherines, Ontario, CA (Mark solo)

lament wrote:

Please post your reviews and setlist of the show here.

This is going to be so great. To anyone who's going: there's apparently about 20 tickets left, and the room is TINY. A lot of people going to Toronto might want to also catch this show, since the vibe at the Mansion is as different to Lee's as one can get. It's like one of your best tiny hole in the wall local bars, but with Mark Kozelek playing.

#3 03-16-2011 8:50am

lynchme

It's going to be unreal. The stage is about as high as a little stool.

#4 03-23-2011 10:03am

dietcoke4breakfast

tonite!

he better not cancel cuz of the weather mad

#5 03-23-2011 9:59pm

akamin

THIS WAS AMAZING. I cannot stress how much better tonight was than the Lee's show. Vibe (from Mark and the crowd), venue, and setlist were all much better, although tonight was about two hours instead of two hours 15 minutes like last night. The promoter's a buddy of mine and apparently Koz was really into pretty much everything about the show tonight. Made for no real awkward crowd interaction, just a little bit of light teasing to some fans up in the front row, but it was clearly all in good jest unlike in Toronto. The venue was sold out at 150 tickets and it was a lot of people packed into a tiny, tiny room, but it worked very well. One of the most intimate shows I've seen. The crowd being completely on his side led to some rarities that I don't think get played very often.

Here's my attempt at a setlist:

Rock 'n Roll Singer
Natural Light
Brockwell Park
Send in the Clowns
All Mixed Up
Tiny Cities Made of Ashes
Moorestown
Duk Koo Kim
Alesund
Third and Seneca
Australian Winter
Cruiser
Take Me Out
Half Moon Bay
Get Along Home Cindy
You are my Sun (according to Mark "the hardest song he can play")

Encore:
Revelation Big Sur
Church of the Pines

I feel like there's a song or two I'm blanking on... but anyway, amazing show. I'm sure everyone who was there would agree. Hopefully Mark liked it enough that he makes the journey back to St. Catharines at some point!

#6 03-24-2011 6:13am

dietcoke4breakfast

he seemed in a better mood last night for sure, but overall i preferred the toronto setlist
and christ, according to that setlist looks like i missed 7 songs sad
it would've been nice for the set to be postponed a bit because a lot of ppl were coming in from out of town and the roads were crazy w/ snow. me and my pal coming in from toronto were delayed quite a bit and my pals that came in from guelph probably only caught 4 songs. bummer. also, should've had at least 1 oldie in the encore set, that was kind of a letdown.

it was worth it to at least hear take me out. teeny tiny show, very cool. enjoyed the chicken nachos. lol!

Last edited by dietcoke4breakfast (03-24-2011 6:16am)

#7 03-28-2011 12:11pm

dietcoke4breakfast

so he mentioned at this show his next tour date would be in july for ottawa bluesfest.... whos goin? and can i hitch a ride? smile

Last edited by dietcoke4breakfast (03-28-2011 12:11pm)

#8 04-17-2011 12:43am

purplenights
Website

dietcoke4breakfast wrote:

so he mentioned at this show his next tour date would be in july for ottawa bluesfest.... whos goin? and can i hitch a ride? smile

If this is true, I also need a ride. Maybe someone who is driving could help us out and we could all pitch in on gas expense? smile

Board footer