Sad Reminders

An Unofficial Mark Kozelek Site

You are not logged in.

Announcement

This forum is now READ ONLY. The new forum is here. Read why we have a new forum here.

#1 08-03-2012 12:17pm

JRS

My live music lined up for the rest of the year!

Firstly Mark Lanegan in a few weeks and Koz in London in Nov. Tickets arrived today :0)

http://instagr.am/p/N4JWorhaRs/

#2 08-07-2012 11:50am

Concern Charity Fundrazer

Re: My live music lined up for the rest of the year!

I have Yeasayer end of September Dead Can Dance in October and one night after the other Animal Collective and Mark Kozelek in November all in Dublin....tasty

#3 08-07-2012 2:06pm

Lightfoot

Concern Charity Fundrazer wrote:

I have Yeasayer end of September Dead Can Dance in October and one night after the other Animal Collective and Mark Kozelek in November all in Dublin....tasty

Would love to see Dead Can Dance live. But cause' of some reason they've ignored Scandinavia on their tour. Fuckers.

#4 08-07-2012 7:57pm

ZoomBackCamera

Recently moving to NYC has spoiled me. I recently went to a Billy Bragg/Steve Earle performance and met Billy and Nora Guthrie. Went to a free Wild Flag/Mission of Burma (yes!)/Ted Leo (sans Pharmacists, sadly) show last weekend. Met Patti Smith at a book reading yesterday. Saw Wilco last week. Saw Codeine a few weeks ago, which was really phenomenal.

Coming up is The Brian Jonestown Massacre, The Jayhawks (free show!), Swans, Damien Jurado, maybe a few others. I was planning to go to see Koz/Advance Base, but a free Central Park show with Neil Young & Crazy Horse headlining was just announced for the same day, so I think I may opt for since I haven't seen Neil yet and already saw Koz play new stuff earlier this year in Boston. David Byrne is also doing a show that night. Too many decisions!

Let me know what you think of Yeasayer live, I was totally disappointed by them but I think the venue played a big part in that.

#5 08-08-2012 7:25am

Gurkov

Beach House as well as Koz in November. And oh yeah, Julianna Barwick too.

#6 08-08-2012 3:47pm

beginning's eve
Website

I'm really looking forward to Pearl Jam in September...

they haven't come thru Atlanta in nearly a decade?!

ZoomBackCamera mentioned Damien Jurado, who always puts on a killer show!

some of the folks who contributed to the Drive Motion Picture Soundtrack are currently touring, so that should be pretty sweet.

& of course the Koz,

though I can't decide on whether I should hit up the Asheville or the New Orleans gig...

who knows, maybe I'll just hit up both!

and the open drapes look out on frozen farmhouse landscapes...

Board footer