Sad Reminders

An Unofficial Mark Kozelek Site

You are not logged in.

Announcement

This forum is now READ ONLY. The new forum is here. Read why we have a new forum here.

#1 02-14-2011 12:14pm

lament
Site Owner
Website

New Radiohead album this Saturday

click.. no paying your own price this time. big_smile

The Japanese version of the site says there are 8 tracks on the CD.

#2 03-02-2011 2:49pm

lament
Site Owner
Website

Re: New Radiohead album this Saturday

So no one cares about the new Radiohead?

Personally.. the first half is meh, the second half is good.. but still not as good as previous efforts.

It's a very relaxing record, though. I'll give it that.

#3 03-02-2011 5:52pm

takemeoutPM

I love radiohead so my opinion may be a little biased. I do think its much too short of an album, and agree with you about the first half with the exeption of "Bloom" though. The Last 4 songs are very good .

#4 03-02-2011 11:00pm

roice
Website

it's growing on me.  I agree that the last few songs seem stronger.  There's a bit more space than the previous few records, well that's how it feels to me anyway.

roice

#5 03-03-2011 2:26am

Gurkov

yep, agree with you too lament. second half is decent, but i have to admit it's been many years since i gave a hoot about this band. can anyone stand thom yorke for more than a few years?

don't get me wrong, they made some of the finest music of the 90's, but that's about it for me. smile

#6 04-15-2011 3:37pm

Charles
Website

Great album. People that want a rehash of Kid A / OK Computer / Bends are really missing this aspect of the band's music. Then again, people were put off by In Rainbows (though not as much) and it's my favorite Radiohead album. It is short but I think that's ok because in this instance I think that the release works better as one single piece of music listened to from start to finish.

I hate to see you look that way
All the beauty has left your face
That's such an easy thing to give away
That's impossible to replace -American Music Club

#7 04-15-2011 6:10pm

doggie_diner

Charles wrote:

Great album. People that want a rehash of Kid A / OK Computer / Bends are really missing this aspect of the band's music. Then again, people were put off by In Rainbows (though not as much) and it's my favorite Radiohead album. It is short but I think that's ok because in this instance I think that the release works better as one single piece of music listened to from start to finish.

They're unimportant though really, they're in every cd stack on the planet,
they lurk on the cusp of accessable and bore the listener on both sides.
I've tried to escape Radio-head but I must admit, they're sloggers, there'll always be a Radiohead, their children will be cool and join groups and they'll beget even more Radioheads til thousands of years from now when a usb key be studied like an ancient bas relief.
Maybe radioheads will colonize the third world, there will be coffey tables and androgyny for everyone then man will be only one gender, one head.

Take this nightmare and shove it!!
Radiohead are the bland, leading the bland! All rock music institutions should be destroyed, who's with me?!

Last edited by doggie_diner (02-15-2012 1:30pm)

''Shoot me like an Irish soldier
Do not hang me like a dog''

Board footer