Sad Reminders

An Unofficial Mark Kozelek Site

You are not logged in.

Announcement

This forum is now READ ONLY. The new forum is here. Read why we have a new forum here.

#1 05-05-2011 11:44pm

elusivechris
Website

Billy Anderson-an e-mail response from RHP engineer/producer

hey everyone. I just stumbled upon Billy's facebook page and I just asked him how he got hooked up with RHPs. This was his reply 5-12-11  thanx   Chris

(NOTE: I DID NOT EDIT THIS AT ALL!)

from BILLY ANDERSON: 

I actually recorded almost everything those guys did from 1989 till Old Ramon. I did the first demos before the first album, then recorded Down Colorful Hill, ( i believe Kevin Army mixed it..) then the rollercoaster and the other one with "evil" etc on it, (i didn't mix those either, but recorded them...) , then....I recorded one song on "songs for a blue guitar"--actually i think the song was called "song for a blue guitar"..?//Mark called me at like 11pm one night and said he had a song he wanted to do right then, so i went...Hhhmmm, let's see...After that, i think they did an album called Ocean beach or something like that??? i dn't do anything on that one..But then i re-hooked up with them for the Old Ramon album. I recorded and mixed the whole thing. I didn't master it though...

I also did some touring with them back in the 90s when i was doing a lot of live sound...I have always loved those guys. The music isn't in the "style" or whatever that i have become sorta known for, but that means nothing really-A) i have and still do record ALL types of music and B) RHP is seriously one of the heaviest bands I've ever worked with. Maybe not in volume, but in emotion, conviction and ability to cause reaction in the listener.

I haven't talked to Mark in a year or so, but we have known each other over half our lives (hes 2 years older than me, we met when i was 20 and he was 22, doing demos before first album)...He's a genius, and we will always be friends. We sort of "grew up" together musically, i had just started recording when i met him and he hadn't been singing long...Etc etc etc...

So there ya go. The real story ....
Take care
BA

<-- that's me & Koz , Dec 03 & Voo Doo Fire !

#2 05-07-2011 1:07pm

elusivechris
Website

Re: Billy Anderson-an e-mail response from RHP engineer/producer

lotsa great bands he's done! what's so awesome is that Koz worked with a metal/punk producer/engineer lol!  Its not secret he loves metal! Anyhow I think Billy has done a great job recording RHP over the years! I wonder who recorded "Have you Forgotten" 2001?

<-- that's me & Koz , Dec 03 & Voo Doo Fire !

Board footer