Sad Reminders

An Unofficial Mark Kozelek Site

You are not logged in.

Announcement

This forum is now READ ONLY. The new forum is here. Read why we have a new forum here.

#16 01-26-2012 9:12am

Pierre21
Website

Re: Let's tab Alesund!

I'd have to listen to the album again but I know that when I saw Koz play this live I noticed I had made a mistake in the tuning of either the first or second string. But unless I made a mistake typing up the tab, the 5th string was tuned the way I tune it when I play the song (which I haven't done in a looooong time), despite all the finger-streching it forces you to do. Again, there might be a typo, I'll have to check this evening.

Can you tell me what moment in the song made you realise there may be an error ? It could help me revise the tab.

#17 01-27-2012 12:50am

ultralex

i kept hearing a note in the second chord that was missing. in this revised tuning, the note is there. to clarify:

C------0--- -----0--- -----0--- -----0--- 
A#----0---- ----0---- ----0---- ----0---- 
D#--------- --------- --------- 0--------
C#------c-- ------7-- ------4-- ------0-- 
G#---9----- ---4----- ---0----- --------- 
C#9-------- 4-------- 0-------- ---0----- 

-----0--- -----0--- -----0--- -----0--- 
----0---- ----0---- ----0---- ----0---- 
--------- --------- --------- 0--------
------0-- ------0-- ------0-- ------0-- 
---4----- ---5----- ---9----- --------- 
4-------- 5-------- 9-------- ---9----- 

#18 01-27-2012 7:12am

Pierre21
Website

Alrite yeah that's the mistake I had noticed !

FYI on a guitar the strings are formally numbered from highest to lowest, high E being 1rst, low E being 6th. So that's not the 5th string, it's the second, that's why you got me confused (the 5th string being also tuned in G# in my tablature).

But yes you're absolutely right the 2nd string is A#, that's what I realised when I saw him play the song live. It also implies many changes in the intro and in some chords formations. You've a fine ear my friend !

Board footer