Sad Reminders

An Unofficial Mark Kozelek Site

You are not logged in.

Announcement

This forum is now READ ONLY. The new forum is here. Read why we have a new forum here.

#1 06-06-2012 11:00pm

lament
Site Owner
Website

06/07/12 @ Black Bear Lodge, Brisbane, QLD, Australia (Mark solo)

Please post your reviews and setlists of the show here.

#2 06-07-2012 3:53pm

Formica

Re: 06/07/12 @ Black Bear Lodge, Brisbane, QLD, Australia (Mark solo)

Sixth time seeing Mark. He was in mildly better spirits than the last Aus tour (of which I saw all four shows). Passed comment about the backlash against Among The Leaves - this was somewhat reflected in the lack of new material, too. I will put the full setlist up tomorrow, but the "surprises" were the same versions of River and Mistress he recently played in Tel Aviv (check youtube), All Mixed Up (with guest vocals from Corrina, who owns Black Bear Lodge), a song that was either brand new or a VERY obscure cover (the lyrics aren't anywhere on the internet, either way...) plus versions of Danzig's 13 and Casiotone For The Painfully Alone's Natural Light.

Also, I recorded the whole thing - and because of forum rules, definitely don't message me if you'd like a copy or anything...

Edit -  9 years since I registered on here, and 6 since I last posted. Go figure.

Last edited by Formica (06-07-2012 4:12pm)

#3 06-08-2012 11:47pm

Formica

Alesund
Glen Tipton
Sunshine In Chicago
Australian Winter
Track Number 8
"Missed My Heart" (this sounded like a cover, but there's no semblance of the lyrics anywhere online? Could well be new...)
All Mixed Up
Third and Seneca
Heron Blue
Half Moon Bay
River
Mistress
Elaine
That Bird Has A Broken Wing
Moderately Talented...
--
Natural Light (Casiotone cover)
The River
13 (Danzig cover)
UK Blues

#4 06-11-2012 6:57am

bestunbeatenbrother

first time posting on this forum but having made the drive across from Adelaide for the two Melb gigs i was blown away by the new track "Missed My Heart" (definitely an original) - looking forward to seeing it on an upcoming release :-)

Board footer