Sad Reminders

An Unofficial Mark Kozelek Site

You are not logged in.

Announcement

This forum is now READ ONLY. The new forum is here. Read why we have a new forum here.

#1 07-17-2012 1:41am

slowghost

Mark Kozelek China Tour, Shanghai Live on Jul. 15th, 2012

Well...  slowghost Last visit: 09-24-2010 1:44am?? I left this place for so long time?? Hi, lament and everybody here, all ok around you?

Finally I meet with Mark, oh my friends... I waited for this moment for at least 10 years, but I finally made it... Last Sunday, Mark came to Shanghai, he's first step on Chinese land and performed his very first Chinese live. I flight there Saturday from my home town to see him. On 2010, there was another Chinese company tried to bring Mark here, and finally they cheat us, but this time is true...

I'm so lucky... Sunday when I arrived the live house 2 hours previously to the live open time, I went into the bar to find my friend, but I found Mark was wondering in the bar!! God... I was been shocked, and even don't know what I should said with him, only nervously spoke some shxt that I totally forgot now... He is almost as tall as me, around 180cm height, strong and little big, answer me quick but unfortunately without any smile during our conversation. Since he free at that moment, so I took out all of my RHP / Mark Kozelek / Sun Kil Moon CD collection, and asked for his signature, and fortunately took a picture with him. (Later during the live and after the live, no photo and almost no sign with other peoples, fans are little bit disappointed).

The live for me is great because I was so familiar with his song. All begin with Glenn Tipton, mark then play some sun kil moon song like Duk Koo Kim, and some new song in Among the Leaves ablum like Sunshine in Chicago, Track Number 8 & the funny UK Blues. Also one old RHP Mistress. Most Chinese fans knew Mark because of 4AD and RHP, so fans there asked for my RHP songs but unfortunately Mark can't do so much. A little bit noise in the bar because someone backward wasn't come for music but drink, Mark was not quite happy with it and ask us all to fuck those guys up for many times. Generally, it's quite a successful live and I'm really really enjoy it...

Tonight 8:00, Mark with have his second China live in our capital Beijing, Mao Live House. Which he will enjoy the tours. And wish he will come to China again in the near future...

That's all everybody. My diary with some pics here for you to check, enjoy.

http://www.douban.com/note/225715448/

PS: lament, you're so great, can't believe so many years past and you keep this site so good as usual... Thank you man, and thanks to have chance to be a part of this place!

Last edited by slowghost (07-17-2012 7:08pm)

#2 07-17-2012 1:43am

slowghost

Re: Mark Kozelek China Tour, Shanghai Live on Jul. 15th, 2012

I do bring a recorder there, but damn the Sony record machine looks didn't work well. I'll check later, and see if I can share my record music with you all.

#3 07-18-2012 5:11pm

Cruiser64

Thank you for the report slowghost.

#4 07-20-2012 2:35am

slowghost

Welcome Cruiser~~

Cruiser64 wrote:

Thank you for the report slowghost.

#5 07-20-2012 12:41pm

BadSeed

Mark looking one happy bunny in that photo.

#6 07-20-2012 4:43pm

Kulturgam

BadSeed wrote:

"Oh great, another guy in tennis shoes"

;-)

#7 07-23-2012 7:39pm

slowghost

I don't know. But the whole evening he looked tired, maybe because of long travel...

BadSeed wrote:

#8 07-23-2012 7:42pm

slowghost

Ah... Never tennis shoes for me - - ...

Kulturgam wrote:
BadSeed wrote:

"Oh great, another guy in tennis shoes"

;-)

Board footer