Sad Reminders

An Unofficial Mark Kozelek Site

You are not logged in.

Announcement

This forum is now READ ONLY. The new forum is here. Read why we have a new forum here.

#31 07-24-2012 4:29pm

Gurkov

Re: Mark Kozelek : Live In Copenhagen free CD with On Tour Soundtrack

Shouldn't be that much harder, since he mostly just records straight from the soundboard. Could do the same thing with a full band. Of course you might need to mix it a little more than solo recordings, but come on, I think Mark has some time on his hands... Or otherwise he could get himself a trainee working for Caldo Verde for free. I'm sure there are a hundred guys in tennis shoes willing to be his slave.

#32 07-25-2012 12:50am

mogambo

costs more to tour and record with a band

#33 07-25-2012 2:46pm

ZoomBackCamera

Sure, it costs more, but so many bands with much less exposure are able to make it happen. For me, that's just not a viable excuse.

#34 07-26-2012 1:11am

mogambo

Yeah, but I think he's just feeling his age now and is feeling pretty comfortable how his current set up is. Running his own label is also something that must be incurring monthly expenses for him. Also, I think he is still enjoying his nylon string guitar sound and is trying to develop his playing style more. If you listen to his guitar skills, it has improved leaps and bounds in the short time between April and AFP. I think once he feels it's time to move beyond that stage, he might come back to a full band. I'm sure he will get bored of it after a while, and you see hints of that in ATL

#35 07-26-2012 1:10pm

Brandon543088

Going back to white chrismas live and going on a joke mentioned on that live album. If he was really cashing in on his retirement we could soon see an album titled "Mark Kozelek Sings Christmas Carols" recorded entirley on his on his nylon string guitar.

#36 09-25-2012 9:39am

DaveC

Its been a while since I've posted, I'm late to the party again, part of me didn't want to buy Among The Leaves after reading some of the comments from other long term fans on here, but I've bought all his releases so I had to get it. The carrot of the Lincoln Hall live CD was enough to talk me into it.

I am not expecting much, that way I might not be hugely disappointed (But this is Koz and his standards and our expectations are normally quite high!), but I really hope there are more than enough good tracks to make an EP out of!

Back to the live discs, I enjoyed the first play of Lincoln Hall as I have done all of his live records. I would also like his song choice to be more varied though on the live sets. I saw an article about a set that Pearl Jam played where the set was picked by a fan, and I thought about how ace would it be if one of us got to pick Mark's set, or even collectively, some kind of poll where we, his fans, the people who pay his bills and pay for his nylon strings, can vote on what songs we'd like to see him do and put out on CD. Then we might not get a millionth live version of Heron Blue or Carry Me Ohio.

I love when a song gets done live in a way that really surprises me, like the Belfast San Geronimo. Despite my love for Ocean Beach I never cared a lot for that song, probably due to the fact it goes on way too long, but his solo live version is great.

Keep the live CDs coming Mark, but we'd love some more varietyy in song choice!

#37 10-08-2012 2:17am

DaveC

Well, I pre-ordered the On Tour soundtrack & Copenhagen live CD. The free live CD is detailed on the order summary so hopefully I'll get it, Caldo Verde is a bit vague about it though. First it says said disc will be 'Free with the first 1000 copies' then below that it says 'All purchases of 'On Tour' will receive the free disc'..

So which is it? The first 1000 or every copy ordered from his site?

Board footer